Online garden design construction course
Fully mentored throughout
You have daily access to the college principal, Duncan Heather. He mentors you on design projects, provides feedback and helps with every aspect of your business — from what to charge to writing specification documents.
- Lectures are on pre-recorded video, all available from day one
- We prepare a bespoke timetable for you
- Work through the lectures in order, at your own pace
- Replay and rewind as often as you like
- Tutored support, feedback and business advice via our online classroom
The course puts you ahead of the competition because you’re better qualified than almost anyone else in the industry. You acquire the skills necessary to become a full member of:
- The Society of Garden Designers (SGD)
- Association of Professional Landscape Designers (APLD)
- British Association of Landscape Industries (BALI)
- The Association of Professional Landscapers (APL)
Course duration, and your time commitment
The course duration is 12 months and requires a minimum of 5 hours’ study per week.
After graduation, you have lifetime access to our online classroom when you need support and advice. You also receive any updated lectures as they come in.
Do you have any questions? We’re always happy to answer them. Call us on +44 (0)1491 628 950 or send us an email.
Construction and professional practice
What you’ll learn
During the course, you’ll learn everything you need to know about running a profitable landscape design business.
It’s divided into 3 parts. For the full curriculum, see course content. In the meantime, here’s an overview:
- Landscape construction: You’ll become confident in every aspect of hard landscaping, including construction drawing. It includes everything from technical drawing to stone, water, concrete, walling and timber.
- Contracts: Documentation, managing the tender process, costing complex projects, planning and building regs, supervising construction and building, health and safety.
- Business: The firm foundation of a successful business. How to sell, what to charge, dealing with clients, how to generate leads through marketing, advertising and networking, how to launch your website.